I have significant practical knowledge of strategic and operational planning, together with a high level of commercial awareness, and strong problem-solving and communication skills. I search to apply best practice at all times to achieve maximum efficiency.
From 2012-2016 I was elected States Deputy becoming an active member of the Committees for Health & Social Care, Social Security, and Culture & Leisure. My work also included cross-departmental representations on an additional number of sub-committees. In this capacity I was able to draw upon my skills to provide knowledge, planning, evaluation, delegation and mediation, including some conflict management.
Currently I am heavily involved in the community through my role as Chairman of Age Concern Guernsey LBG, supporting every aspect of the charity’s wide reaching activities. In this I am working closely with project boards associated with Health & Social Care including Carewatch, Joint Strategic Needs for the Older Person, and Ageing Well in the Bailiwick.
My previous voluntary roles include:
- Torteval Douzaine (2003-2017) holding various positions including Procurer, Constable and Douzenier.
- Advisor and Chairman of Guernsey Young Enterprise (1990-2005)
- Committee member of the Confederation of Guernsey Industry (2001-2017)
- Chairman of PostWatch Guernsey (2001-2007)
- Chairman of the Guernsey Island Games Association (2009-2013)